With God All Things Are Possible
Powered by Blogger.

Friday 20 March 2015

THE UNCOMMON THOUGHT CREATES THE UNCOMMON MAN

THE UNCOMMON THOUGHT CREATES THE UNCOMMON MAN

To be great it is necessary to think the uncommon thoughts, to do the uncommon things and to go after the uncommon goals. 
THE UNCOMMON THOUGHT CREATES THE UNCOMMON MAN
            

ROLO MAY

Rolo May, the great Psychologist and Author of Man’s search for himself, said, “The opposite of courage is not cowardice but rather conformity.” Conformity is people acting like everyone else without knowing where they are going and why. We dissolve into the mainstream rather than choosing to be different. We tend to go with the flow rather than directing the flow.

PRESIDENT THEODORE ROOSEVELT

President Theodore Roosevelt had a common philosophy, which made him stand out from the crowd. He said, “I choose not to be a common man. Me, it’s my right to be uncommon if I can. I’ll seek opportunity, not security. I do not wish to be kept citizen humbled and dulled by after the state looked after me.. I want to take the calculated risk, to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I’ll refuse to live from hand to mouth. I’ll prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence, the thrill of fulfillment to the state calm of utopia.  I will never cower before any master nor bend to any friend. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid,, to think and act for myself and face the world boldly and say, “This I have done.”

As Frank Sinatra said in one of his songs, “I did it my own way!” Folks, I say to you, do it your way! Think uncommon thoughts, do uncommon things, and, as Henry David Thoreau said, “ If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavor to live the live which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in uncommon hours.”

If you like this post, then Like it , Share it on Facebook, tweet it, Digg it, Stumble it, Reddit, Pin it.
“Don’t forget to subscribe for my feed RSS”

0 comments:

Post a Comment